Archive for May, 2011
Graduation ceremonies are coming up soon and it’s time to pick out the perfect gift for the special recipient. Graduation marks a transition to the next phase of one’s life and the gift that you give should be equally memorable and meaningful. Gifting a grad poster or collage using PosterMyWall is guaranteed to be one of the most unique and meaningful gifts that the graduate will receive. Here are some helpful ideas, tricks and getting started tips for making the perfect graduation gift!
Graduation Poster Ideas
There’re a bunch of graduation poster ideas that you can draw on for making your gift for the honorable graduate using PosterMyWall. Here’re a few to get you started:
- Use photos of important events throughout the life of the graduate. Go all the way back to the first day of kindergarten if you can. Celebrate every step of the journey and every stage of development along the way.
- Make a poster or collage of all the things the graduate wanted to become as a child such as an astronaut, doctor, marine biologist, etc. and place a current photo right in the center.
- Display the poster at graduation celebrations. Family and friends alike will appreciate the trip down memory lane.
Graduation Poster Templates
You can get started quickly by editing one of the graduation themed posters below. Click the poster to edit it in the poster maker.
Tips and Tricks for Using PosterMyWall
There are so many features of PosterMyWall which make it the most user friendly tool on the Internet for making your graduation poster. Below are highlights of the features you should focus on for making your poster:
- Use our professionally designed backgrounds to give your grad poster an extra special look. Specifically check out the Celebration and Family Collage categories for making the graduation poster.
- We keep displaying posters designed by our users on the public gallery. Make sure to give them a look for some creative ideas.
- Understand the difference between the Collage Maker and the Poster Maker. If you’re going to include 20 or more photos, opt for making a collage and not a poster.
- Go through our different print and download options using the orange ‘Download’ and ‘Buy Prints’ buttons in the top-right of the Poster Maker. There’re multiple download options including a free one for printing flyer size posters.
When to Give the Grad Poster
Many families and friends hold a graduation party to celebrate the monumental ceremony. You can either present the poster during the party or on the actual day of graduation. It all depends on how close you are to the graduate and what you think will be most appreciated. You can also ask other family and friends on when they plan on giving their gifts to the graduate and coordinate accordingly.
- Visit our Facebook Fanpage to exchange ideas with other members of the PosterMyWall community and get the latest on deals and promotions.
- If you’ve never used our tools before go through the Getting Started section to familiarize yourself with the options available in the poster maker as well as our printing options.
Ideas to Make a Poster Gift for Dad
- Collect photos from family birthdays which include your dad.
- Use photos of family barbecues and other family and friend events which your dad enjoys.
- Assemble a bunch of photos that capture funny moments of your dad and other members of the family.
- Use traditional ‘We love you dad’ text or get ideas from the Internet such as funny quotes or poems, especially those that he likes.
- When the poster arrives, get all the kids to sign it (hand print for babies)!
Tips and Tricks for Using PosterMyWall to Make a Father’s Day Gift
- First decide whether you’re going to make a poster using the Poster Maker or a collage using the Collage Maker for your Father’s Day gift.
- If you’re going to make a collage, make sure you have at least 20 photos and that you have uploaded them to an album in your Facebook account.
- Get familiar with the tools that PosterMyWall provides such as the background eraser, clipart library and various text effects. This way you’ll be able to get the most out of the gift you make for your dad.
- There’re a bunch of cool professional backgrounds that you can use for inspiration. Use these instead of a plain background to give your poster a professional touch.
- If you don’t want to spend too much money on printing, use our download feature to get a free printable flyer of your poster. It’s a bit like a card, but way more personal.
Get Started on the Gift for your Dad Today!
Anniversaries are a special occasion which should be celebrated with a very personalized gift. Our Poster Maker and Collage Maker are excellent tools which will let you make a personalized poster which you can give to your significant other on your next anniversary. Before getting started decide whether you would like your gift to focus on a few special photos or many different ones. Once you decide, then you’ll know whether to go for a collage or a poster. If you’re going to make a poster, be sure to check out our collection of professionally designed romantic poster backgrounds.
Here’re a few ideas on different themes you can use to get started with your anniversary gift.
Make a Collage of Vacation Pictures for your Anniversary Gift
There’s nothing like photos from memorable vacations to remind yourselves on your anniversary of all the fun times that you’ve shared together. A poster collage is a superb way to use all the photos that you have saved up from your vacations. The tool will automatically layout all your different photos for you so that you don’t have to spend time in arranging and aligning them. Try experimenting with the different border options, adding text and highlight photos on top of the collage. This way, you can put emphasis on specific photos if you’d like them to stand out from the rest of the collage.
Add Photos of Family and Friend Events to your Anniversary Gift
Sometimes, special events celebrated with family and close friends remind a couple of all the extraordinary moments that they have shared together. This is especially true if you live near extended family or are part of a close knit group of friends. Try finding photos of the two of you with the other important people in your lives. Good events to add are holidays, the birth of children, birthdays and even other people’s anniversaries. These photos are sure to create a remarkable gift which your partner will treasure for many years to come.
Include Your Favorite Places in your Poster
Every couple has a number of favorite places that they like to go to together. They can be a restaurant, park, mall, museums or even the opera house! If there’s still time before your anniversary and you’re missing photos of some of your favorite places make sure to go there and take a few shots with your partner.
Printing Options for your Anniversary Gift
PosterMyWall offers multiple printing options. There’re a number of different sizes available that fall under all different kinds of budgets as well. You can even use the ‘download’ option in the tools and get a free flyer size image of your poster which you can add to your anniversary card or even use as wrapping paper. What a unique and really special anniversary gift that would make!
Credits: Photo by Angelo Gonzalez