Archive for February, 2011
You can easily make a family collage using PosterMyWall’s Collage Maker to display numerous family photos in a fun and creative way. You can use the collage as a center piece for your living room or bedroom wall. Make sure to add different kinds of photos in the collage including baby photos, family pets, birthdays and school events!
Getting Started with Collage Maker
If you’ve never used our Collage Maker before Take the Tour to get yourself started. Here you’ll get a quick and easy summary on the basics of the InstaCollage. Make sure to focus on the topics below; they’ll get you off to a quick start:
- Creating a Collage from your Facebook Photos
- Adding Your Own Style
- Getting Big Prints
Check out these collages (from the public gallery) created and shared by users on PosterMyWall.
Customize your Collage
Once your basic collage is completed there are lots of stylish changes you can make to personalize the poster even further. All of these modifications are optional, you can make as many or as few as you like.
Add a Photo
The collage maker provides you the option of adding photos on top of your collage. You can add photos from your computer or from the Internet. Once you’ve added the photo, there are lots of effects you can apply to the photo. Below is a list of these effects with explanations:
- Crop – Cropping lets you cut off unwanted edges of your photo.
- Erase Background – This is an erasing tool that lets you remove specific parts of the background.
- Opacity – Lets you adjust how visible or faded the photo is.
- Edge Effect – Fades the edges of the photo in the shape you select. Also lets you select how faded the edges are.
- Drop Shadow – Gives the photo a shadow so that it looks like it is slightly raised.
- Antique Effect – Gives the photo a Black and White or Sepia effect to make it look like an old photo.
- Posterize Effect – This makes your photo use fewer colors, giving it a very modern effect.
- Glow – Adds a glowing border to your photo. You can also select the color of the glow.
- Border – Lets you add a colored round or rectangular border to your photo. You can also adjust the thickness of the border.
Another great editing option provided by the Collage Maker is adding text. You can add your family name, the date on which you made the collage or anything else meaningful to your family. Other than basic text editing options such as font type, size, and alignment here are a few more text editing options in the collage maker:
- Letter Spacing and Line Spacing – Lets you adjust the space between letters and lines.
- Opacity – Just like with photos, lets you adjust how visible or faded the text is.
- Bevel – Gives the text a raised effect.
- Outline – Lets you select a color for outlining your text.
- Broken Effect – Breaks up the letters of your text to give a slightly splattered effect.
- Drop Shadow – Gives a shadow to make your text look raised.
The best way to find out if the collage maker is right for your poster making needs is to try it out. It’s completely free and you don’t even need to sign-up to create a poster!
Posters make an awesome graduation gift for a college student. With online tools such as PosterMyWall it is now super easy to collect a few photos and make them into a poster to give as a gift. PosterMyWall even offers easy printing services for different size posters. So get your creative hat on and follow the tips below to make a gift straight from the heart!
Find Baby and School Photos along with College Images
- Go through your graduate’s photo albums and pick out a few photos celebrating different stages of their life. They’re sure to bring back nostalgic moments and more than a few laughs.
- Find photos from important school events such as sports or receiving special awards. Let these photos remind your child that they were always your rising star.
- Find images of the college mascot, logo, or motto and place those on the poster with the year your child is graduating in. All of these make a greater central focus point around which you can place all your photos.
Use Professionally Designed Poster Backgrounds
PosterMyWall has a great number of professionally designed poster backgrounds that you can use to get the graduation gift started. There are a many different categories that would be great to choose from including Celebrations, Sports Teams and Travel. Visit the entire collection of poster backgrounds. Make sure to browse through all the categories to guarantee that you pick the perfect one for your poster. Here’re a few to get you going:
Get Started With Your Graduation Gift
- Not sure how to make a poster for the Graduation Gift? Take a Tour of PosterMyWall to view the simple step by step guidelines on how to customize your own poster.
- Browse through the Public Gallery at PosterMyWall to get inspired from other user’s posters.
- Join us on our Facebook Fanpage to find out about our latest news and promotions, ask questions, get ideas and share your own thoughts!
We’re excited to announce that PosterMyWall’s collage maker got featured on KillerStartups.com!
Here’s what they had to say about PosterMyWall
Poster My Wall gives those among us who are not really that skilled when it comes to editing images the chance to create elaborate photo collages. And we are actually talking about poster-sized collages that will de delivered straight to our doorsteps.
Read the complete review here.
PosterMyWall’s online poster maker recently got reviewed by the nice folks at The Heat Web (thanks Christian!). They’re holding a contest in which you can win a free (shipping included!) 20×30” print of one of your posters on PosterMyWall.
Check out their review for more details: Giveaway – Win A Free Custom Poster From PosterMyWall.
Hey folks! We’re excited to unveil two new photo border effects in the collage maker. Now you can add ‘scratched’ and ‘torn paper’ border effects to your photos. These are great for online scrapbooking projects, and for giving your custom posters a unique and ‘home made’ look.
Be sure to let us know what you think of these new effects by commenting on our Facebook Fanpage.
Try the collage maker now!
Valentine’s Day is coming up fast! Have you decided what you’re going to give your special someone this year? Whether the relationship is new and exciting or seasoned and comfortable, why not give a personalized poster using PosterMyWall’s Collage Maker that will showcase all the good times you two have shared? There’s nothing more thoughtful and personalized than a poster which will let you and your valentine revisit your memorable moments.
You can even have a themed collage for Valentines Day; consider adding photos from:
- A memorable vacation
- A special year in your lives
- Funny moments
Make Sure to Select Photos that are Right for Your Collage
Remember that the layout of a collage is different than a regular poster. Because there are multiple photos in a collage the photos you select should ideally have both of you in the picture. Also, close up shots tend to catch the eye in a collage, so pick some good ones of you and your partner! The tool is so easy to use it even lets you select photos directly from Facebook!
Use the Collage Maker to Modify the Layout and Borders
The Collage Maker makes your life super easy by laying out all the photos you selected for your collage automatically. You can then shuffle the photos and add borders to further customize your collage for your valentine. Make sure to try all the border settings to see which you like best.
Edit the Color Theme of Your Collage Poster
Once you’ve selected the photos, layout and borders for your poster collage the tool will let you select one of six color themes. Try breaking the standard red theme of Valentines Day and be creative with black & white, sepia or even green! With just one click PosterMyWall will allow you to see a preview of what your Poster Collage is going to look like.
Add a Frame for Highlighting Photos or Inserting a Caption
The final step for your Valentine’s Day collage poster is to add a frame which can be used for adding loving captions or highlighting center photos, which you can add in the last step. There are a number of shapes available; keep it simple or funky – it’s entirely up to you!
Add the Final Touches to Your Poster
The last step will let you make a few more changes to your poster. You can add individual photos and text. Try adding captions to multiple photos or come up with a catchy greeting for your valentine. Modify your collage as little or as much as you want! Browse through the Public Gallery on PosterMyWall for inspiration and let your creativity run free for a gift that will be cherished for years to come. Here’re a few to get you started:
Try something different this year; give your Valentine a poster collage of your favorite photos together. They’ll love it!
The best part? Get 50% OFF on your posters by using the “HAPPYVDAY” promotion code when you checkout.
Hurry! This deal expires a couple of days before Valentine’s Day!
Try the Collage Maker now!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Everyone knows the usual dozen red roses, cute stuffed animals, and dainty chocolates is the way to a girl’s heart, but why always give the same thoughtless gifts every year. We suggest breaking this trend and changing things up in 2011! Give your loved one a gift that is more personal and straight from your heart. A great valentine gift idea is a custom poster and collage that celebrates the memories you and your valentine have built over the years. PosterMyWall Collage Maker offers a fun and simple way to take your photos and create professional quality posters that your loved one will enjoy for a lifetime.
Don’t worry if graphic editing programs have scared you off in the past. PosterMyWall makes the experience painless and fun. Simply choose a backdrop from a wide variety of background images or use that favorite panoramic photo you and your valentine shot on vacation. Then, select the photos that capture the spirit of your relationship and start creating!
The website is very easy to use and offers many options to meet your creative needs. To make your poster more interesting, use the Magic and Simple Erasers to take off those unwanted parts in your photos, and add a glow for a soft blend into your background. Make sure you play with the different fonts, colors, and effects to give your poster a more consistent feel.
A personalized valentine gift from PosterMyWall is a thoughtful, fun, and budget friendly present that your valentine will always cherish. It’s the best way to preserve your photos and share them with your friends and family. Go visit the Public Gallery for ideas and start building your custom poster!